Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Concept vs. What We See (Finished Product)

The idea of having anger portrayed onto your artwork or having the image's message say "DO NOT ABUSE!" is all concept!

So how do we determine whether it is the finish product than conceptual art?

Art by: Andre DeFreitas "Megatherium


From what I understand from Professor Kari Friedstad from painting. She said that if I describe what I want on the painting or have everything set to stone, that basically gets away from the concept idea. Still a bit confused on what I am saying?

Well, concept is something abstract and not exactly what is being shown on the image because concept is basically what the artist is trying to message to us. For example, if I want the image to explain something as stop abusing animals and keep saying that this suppose to explain to me that the image is saying stop the abuse of animals... that is basically concept.

To actually relay what the image is saying to me are the elements that are placed onto the image like if the image has a happy looking bear that is colored brown but half of its body was sliced in half and showing blood dripping out onto the dirt and having this image be placed in a forest preserve, that basically is showing the viewers something is wrong and that avoids the idea of concept, because that is what I see being portrayed onto the artwork instead of saying this suppose to mean "Do not abuse animals" because people can see it as something as "Don't poach."

Art by: Kari Friestad

My opinions with concept vs. final product is still a little vague, but slowly I am getting the clear picture of what it is because usually my style is a chaotic style and it just needs to be controlled properly. As I continue to hone my skills on my thesis project... this is what I can show for now that society is always hiding from the truth, but that is only just the concept idea.... most likely I want to show that sadness or whatever emotion is behind the story!



-Lehvorak

No comments:

Post a Comment